Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Letter From God

After all (most) of this Ashley stuff went down and I was feeling blue (btw, those were the first Letters to God I had ever written), I was sent a Letter From God.  They were handed out at my church.

Mine says this:

Dear Bria,

Before I created the universe, I had you in mind. You were exclusively created and I love you more than you can imagine. It brings me great pleasure to see you fulfilled and enjoying life. I love it when you write.

I know life isn’t always easy, and at times you’ve found it tougher than you expected. Some of the dreams you’ve had, like being a teacher now seem silly, impossible, or too late. Don’t give up. Life isn’t over yet…I know the plans I have for you.

I know you’re disappointed about Hannah. But don’t worry-I’m greater than that frustration or anything you’ll ever face. Since death can’t hold me, then you know I can overcome your hurts, disappointments, and failures. Trust in me.

So here is what I want to say to you. Come to me and I will carry you. I really mean it. You don’t have to do this on your own.

Through the sacrifice of my one and only Son, your past failures can be forgiven, and your future can be different-for all eternity. The empty tomb serves to remind you that nothing is impossible when you put your trust in me. If you’re ready, I’m ready. Just let me know. I love you more than you can imagine.

Love,
The God Who Does the Impossible

No comments:

Post a Comment